1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Superb 60's EBO lawsuit copy, great shape! FREE shipping!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MasterBass!, Aug 2, 2016.

1. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member

Hey Guys...

Here is a really great Made In Japan lawsuit short-scale EBO / EB3 copy from the mid-late 60's. I bought it a while back from the orig owner who told me that it was used for a year or so...then stored since. The condition is amazing for a 40+ year old bass, with only very minor imperfections. Its super shiny and clean, all original and plays like a dream. Manufactured by the famed Matsumoku factory and sold under the PAN name, these were considered to be the cream of the crop of the lawsuit era instruments, with much better quality, playability and craftsmanship than most others from that period.

This one plays like an absolute dream with a wonderfully thin (1.5") and straight neck with VERY low effortless action. The neck appears to be mahogany. It has absolutely ZERO fret wear!! It is a 30.5" scale. The tuners are beefy and work very well.

The electronics are all original, very quiet, and sound super! The neck pickup sounds very big and FAT like an EBO humbucker, only it has better definition and clarity. Mix in a little bit of the bridge pickup for a more growly jazz bass sound. And....it weighs only 7 pounds! No case, but I think I have a good gig bag here to throw in.

Price is $375 OBO shipped conus . I would swap it for a mim Fender Precision or Jazz bass, lightweight bass head, 1x12 neo bass cabinet, Markbass gear. (+/- cash)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    Does that price include the case that your fine bass is resting on in most of the pics?
  3. MasterBass!

Nope...sorry, I don't have the orig case, but I have a nice gig bag you can have!!
  4. Case Ruger

Case Ruger

Dec 15, 2015
    I cannot figure out how to PM you. If you can tell me, I have a trade offer.
  5. MasterBass!

Hey Case...just click on my Masterbass name, then click on start a conversation!!