Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SUPERBOWL TIME!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Swerve, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Swerve

Swerve

Nov 22, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    So who is going to win this year? I'm a Buccaneer's fan all the way!!!

2. Since the Niners got knocked out, I am going with my number two team, the RAIDERS!!! If they keep up how they did today, they have a real good shot at it.

3. I would love to see Oakland face off against the Bucs in the big game.

I'm sure Al Davis would love to beat Gruden in the Super Bowl this year. That would be cool.

4. Swerve

Swerve

Nov 22, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Buccaneers Vs Raiders... that would be interesting, it would be the battle of the pirates

5. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    yaaarrr matey! :D

6. Since my steelers got TOTALLY screwed I dont care who wins. But I do think the raiders and philthy with Philthy taking it

7. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    The Eagles will knock the Bucs out of the playoffs for the third year in a row, then get revenge on the Raiders for Super Bowl XV. It's been a long time coming.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

+1

9. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Where's all the J-e-t-s jets jets jets fans/media
    now...huh huh huh:eek: that's all i'm done;)
    R-a-i-d-e-r-s.:D all the way.

10. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Chad who?
    Raiders what too old:rolleyes: :eek: :D LOL..
    Looks like the Jets ran out of time AGAIN:p
    :oops: I would too be embarressed if i was a J-e-t-s
    jets jets jets fan..LOL.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    :rolleyes: well....whats a pirates favorite super bowl snack?

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Sheesh...the Bucs beat up on the hapless 49ers - who had a pretty pathetic defense before they lost half their defensive backfield yesterday - and now everyone thinks they're going to the "show"????

:p

My prediction, Brad Johnson will have at least 2-3 interceptions against the vastly superior (to the 49ers) Iggles secondary, which will be jumping on all the routes the turtle-like Bucs recievers will be running. Of course, that is if he even manages to get a pass off against the Philly rush. Not to mention that the Bucs just can't win in Philly anyhow.

;)

In the AFC, no brainer as well: Ray-dahs.

...I'm not even gonna guess which of those teams will win, but it will be a GREAT game, I do believe!

:D

13. You've just earned a free cheese steak!

14. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Im a bit nervous against the Bucs/Eagles game next Sunday, do to past track records with them. But I honestly believe that if the Bucs offensive line does its job then the Bucs will win and go onto the Super Bowl. This isnt exactly the same Bucs team that lost to them 2 years straight in the playoffs, nor is it quite the same team that lost to the Eagles earlier this season. I also think the Eagles arent playing up to potential either. They didnt impress me much with the loss to the giants, nor was I overly impressed by the way they played the Falcons last week. (Yeah the score was 20-6, but one TD came from their defense. So I dont think they'll put up that much against the Bucs.) I honestly believe that if they play the way they did for those games against Tampa they will loose and Tampa will go on to the big show. Something in my gut is telling me that Tampa is going to beat the Eagles this time out. If Im wrong, well them Im wrong.

In the AFC I think its going to be the raiders.

originally posted by Tard
    My prediction, Brad Johnson will have at least 2-3 interceptions against the vastly superior (to the 49ers) Iggles secondary, which will be jumping on all the routes the turtle-like Bucs recievers will be running. Of course, that is if he even manages to get a pass off against the Philly rush. Not to mention that the Bucs just can't win in Philly anyhow. [/QUOTE]

You also predicted the Saints were going to make it to the playoffs ;)

The key to the Bucs vs Eagles game is going to be Tampa Bays offensive line, Like I said earlier, theyve gotta hold, and they have vastly improved over the course of the season. Either way its gonna be one good game.

15. NFC- I think the Bucs will continue their storied tradition of blowing it in cold weather with the Eagles dominating.

AFC- The Raiders already beat the Titans by something like 26 points earlier in the season. I know what you going to say- but this is the playoffs. Yes, and the Raiders are playing even better than they were when they previously met the Titans. It may not be the same blowout but the Raiders will still win handily.

Super Bowl- I don't think it's going to be that close- Raiders by 10+.

16. Oliphaunt

Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    It'll be good to see the Raiders win - they play football the way it's meant to be played.
    I'd love to see the Pirate bowl - and I think it's high time both these teams had their go at the Super Bowl. Plus, as a Cowboys fan, I hate the Eagles.

It felt good to see Oakland shut down that Tom Brady re-hash, Pennington. I always hated Brady, the man who singlehandledly negated all my playoff bets knocking profits down to a single dollar.

Incomplete pass my ass, I still say.

17. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    titans vs. eagles

guys your forgetting... we dont blow games UNTILL the super bowl

sheesh.:D

18. The Raiders will destroy the Titans, just like they did before. Then with theire veteran offense and tough defense they will beat who ever is placed before the in the superbowl. Or I hope so. ;)

19. You know what worries me most about the Titans game? It's that we SHOULD win that game easily. But as any Raiders fan knows, we always blow the games that SHOULD BE easy wins for us. Most of the time when we're everybody's favorite to win, that's when we lose.

Yea, we should kill the Titans, but then again... :confused:

20. Oliphaunt

Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    Yeah, the apparent ease of that game is exactly what scares me about it.