SOLD Supercharge your bass with this East U Retro Deluxe 4-knob preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TimBosby, May 5, 2019.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Price:
    I just bought this preamp to upgrade my Peavey Millennium+ (along with some Bartolini pickups which will also be for sale here shortly). Unfortunately, as often happens to me, when a project takes too long to get off the ground, it invariably gets derailed by something else and ultimately abandoned. The Peavey Millennium+ just sold, and so also must go the East preamp and Bart pickups. I never even fully unpackaged this preamp, so I am including some of the previous owner's pictures so you can see what it looks like (along with oneI just snapped of it still mostly wrapped up.)

This is an East U Retro Deluxe 4 Knob preamp with chrome knobs. It is generally regarded as one of the best - if not the best - onboard bass preamps out there. I've had both the J Retro and P Retro and they are amazing so I am sure this U Retro would have killed - but, like I said, circumstances got in the way and I no longer have a use for it.

Features:

- It's a 3 band active preamp
    - It also has a passive bypass mode
    - There is a tone control that works in both modes
    - The mid control has a parametric sweep, which allows you to dial in the sound exactly where you want it
    - The treble has a pull knob for bright mode
    - You can set the gain on the preamp to match the passive output

You can run this in 9v or 18v, it's currently set up for 9v. (You may have to change that out to connect to a battery box, if you have one.)
    It currently has a Switchcraft jack, which should work for most basses, but, as with all electronics upgrades, there's a small chance you would need to change the jack.

$205 shipped lower 48 USA
    PM if elsewhere. No trades.

east1.JPG east2.JPG east3.JPG
    20190505_130516.jpg

bassguyky48 likes this.
  2. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    Great great pre!!

TimBosby likes this.
  3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Groovy upgrade for your bass...

4. funkinbottom

funkinbottom Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Northern CA.
    Indeed. PMed

5. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sold.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021