Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Supply and Demand my friend...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    So, this area is very very low on the kind of CDs I wish to aquire... I've gone on a huge King Crimson kick, and Media Play is the only store with more than one of their CDs. And I had a gift certificate there for selling some CDs... soooOOoOOoo, I bought out most of their KC CDs. Court of, USA, and Thrak. I came back a couple days later, and they put out a few more copies of court of, I didn't buy anything that day. I came back a week later and two copies of In The Wake OF THE POSEIDON... coool.

2. The stores around here carry maybe Court of , the box set , and happy with what you have to be happy with and thats all ive seen. I bought most of my KC albums online.

3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I'm becoming more and more convinced that Providence (and RI) may be the best place on the East Coast (after New York) to find numerous hard-to-find releases and obscure groups. I've found tons of vinyls and CDs that are rare, out of print or totally awesome, all for a reasonable price (OP Ivy's Hectic EP for $6...alas I didn't get it).

As for King Crimson, my local CD store, last time I checked seemed to have their entire catalog (I'm not kidding). I guess this is just a classic example of structural disenfranchisement.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Have you acquired The Power to Believe yet?! It's a must-have!

brad cook

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ah, I'm workin' on it. ;)

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Get Starless and Bible Black.

If it is rare around here I always have to go to the local shops. Borders is always lacking in music of extreme proportions.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ha, my first post ended so drastically because I was paged at work, and I was like "Oops, it's time for me to work."

I didn't buy two copies of "In the wake..." two copies appeared due to my frantic purchasing.

Hey, what's the relation between Starless and Bible Black and "Starless" off the Red album?

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    They redo the instrumental track from Red (Starless), but it is longer and has lyrics. I dig Starless and Bible Black better than the regular Starless.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I went to Media Play and bought Power to Believe finally. :D

Awesome awesome album, it's crazy and heavy and crazy. I don't think I could even take listening to it as much as I do, say "Red" or something. I think I'm turning into a big fat hippie who likes weird mellow music.