1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Supporting Member.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Hello, i know this is a bit of a silly thread. But I want to become a Supporting Member, but it seems that all SM's have vast knowledge of bass stuff, whereas I have not....so I kinda feel stupid being a SM when i know fart all! Is there any1 out there who is a SM who isnt particuarly knowledgeable?

Thanks (cowers in hiding for fear of reprocussions.)

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    according to one TB'er, i don't know what i'm talking about at all - you just need to ignore those types.
    ;)

we would all welcome you as a SP! we all have different levels of knowledge and experience. :)

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Once you pay the $20 you will suddenly receive total bass consciousness.

4. you don't have to fit any requirements to become a Supporting member. You just have to have $20! :)

don't let your lack of knowledge stop you from supporting.

:bassist:

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

That was a pathetic attempt at spelling repercussions!! You'll never make a supporting member - you aren't made of the right stuff!! ;)

Plus, we don't need any more scousers!! :D

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Sure do. Look at me! I didn't know anything about base or amps or omhs, and look at me now!

7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    But I'm a supporting member and I still don't know anything!

8. I know of at least two supporting members that don't actually play bass.

9. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    who?

10. ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Sure, but look at that BONG!

[​IMG]

11. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I'm playing didgeridoo..:)
    I haven't even tried a bong!

12. ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, you may start with didgeridoo but eventually it's Angel Dust, PCP, Crack...I've seen it a thousand times. Young punks like you, wasting your life, throwing it all away with you didgeridoo MADNESS!!!:mad:

13. I don't want to call them out. Think about it and you'll know. In fact, I believe they have both said as much.

14. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    If you're talking about who I assume you're talking about, I think you'll find they do now...

15. See? That's what happens when you become a supporting member!!:)

16. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    What gossip and codes? ;)

Besides, it says right there I'm an idiot. Just look to your left. :)

17. who would that be. oh wait, i think i know. however, with the vast knowledge of wonderful friends and support here, and by being able to hear friends play when they put their music up, they have supported 2 people in the arts of learning.

remember learning is the operative word. poor bass and kids ears, lol. poor dog when he looks at you and wonders what the heck you just did when you hit wrong and very hard. lol.

so i also know 2 people who have picked up the bass and are learning and LOVE IT. guess this one was put to rest finally, sigh. so nice to say.:D :bassist:

join hon. i joined before i even picked up a bass. i joined because of the wonderful friends i have made here. if you want to learn, these are the people to be with. just have to ignore negativity here and there sometimes. the people who CARE do not care if you play, just that you have enough respect for them and their music. and I my knowledge is nowhere to be seen, except that i am just now learning. when you leave your knowledge will be great.

oh yeah, guess what all that went to the get together, i chopped primes nails. hahahahaha had fun doing it to.:D

18. I'm pretty clueless, that's why I come here, for $20 you can buy a clue!

19. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    world premiere :cool:

[​IMG]

20. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I like this one Dave. I like it alot.

PRAISE THE NEW PHOTOSHOP BABY!