1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Supporting Members: Why don't many of you use the lobby?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dan Molina, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    When I go into the lounge there seems to be about 14 regulars that post there.

So to those of you that don't post in the TB Lounge I ask why?

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I come talkbass to talk and learn about bass and bass gear. I only occasionally post in OT or the lobby if I see a thread that catches my eye, but it doesn't happen very often. It is mostly all just meaningless coversation, and they way things have seemingly gone down hill in OT as of late, I just keep out of it all now.

3. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    The Lounge is too far away... Seriously. I never bother going all the way over there to start trouble since I have Effects and OT right in front of me.

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Most fail the initiation test.

5. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    initiation test?

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Because I have enough to handle in OT. :)

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The Lobby is intimidating to me. I don't keep up on every fact of current events, but I do form an opinion based on what I know. To get involved in those Lobby discussions, you really need to be well informed.

Plus, I like OT.

-Mike

8. If I see a good thread, I'll lurk. I try not to post though. Many of the threads are religion-based anymore, and I am FAR from the religious type. The threads there normally will go downhill quickly, between the holier-than-thou type that refuse to see things from other perspectives, to the one(s) that feel the need to toss political content everywhere they freakin' go and ultimately get threads closed, to the ones that cry incessantly to the mods whenever their thin skin, and even thinner ego, is bruised.

I'd just as soon lurk and giggle to myself about all of the above.

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    ^what he said^

10. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    So basically its like OT for adults then? :D

11. It makes my brain hurt. :(

12. Sure, but some of those *adults* act like children! :)

13. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I've tried to post in the lobby but most of the time I don't feel smart enough to stay. :meh: OT is where all the fun is, er... use to be.

14. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    OoOo now I want a supporting membership. I really have been putting that off for a while.

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    So does that make it more, or less, like OT? :) :D

16. I can't meet the dress code. :meh:

17. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Seriously though, if you are an SM and want to post there go ahead. ANy toic (other than politics) is pretty much open to be discussed there. The reason the threads centre on religion at the moment is that is what the people who post there have been discussing, but if you want to talk about something else then post a thread. No one laughs at you for posting - well....most of the time!

No, really, its just the same bunch of TB users there talking with each other about issues that interest them. I encourage people to try it.

18. I used to post in there a lot when the "everybody post in this" threads were around. It was a fun way to just talk without having to worry about there being a point to it....just nice friendly chatter. All of the discussion that goes on in the Lobby is just too serious for me to worry about/get involved in right now.

19. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I passed the Initiation test, but I feel like I won't be able to contribute a fair amount.
    I like reading it though :)

20. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    That's right. The Lobby is like a psycho ex-girlfriend who changed after you got married.

:D