Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Supporting Membership

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    When you pay for one, how long does it usualy take to register?

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    a day or two

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Alright cool. Im buying one soon, was just curious.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    it also depends on how you send it, i mailed it to Paul (from NJ) and it took 5 days

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Mine just expired. I have to buy another year. I love this site! Well worth the 20 bucks!

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I agree. This site is basicaly always open on my computer, whether Im at it or not. (I usually am near it because it is in my room, and so are my basses so its all i need, right?)

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Whats cool is that you can do it by credit card. My parents owed me about 3-4 weeks of allowance ($6/wk), so i was like, well, just buy me a supporting membership , and they did.

8. don't forget to snag one of them Beanies as well.. just got mine in today, gotta keep your melon warm this winter :)

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive already bought a hoodie and a t shirt. Hhehe and i already own 2 beanies that i wear. Also, ive been growing out my hair (its curly) andi have developed quite a fro and its almlost to the point where its too big for a hat.

10. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    The knit cap rocks! I have that and the hooded sweatshirt. (I refuse to use "hoodie and beanie", see a previous post) During the summer I wear the TB baseball hat. Very cool looking swag. I get alot of compliments when I wear them.

11. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    power to the fro!

mine is getting pretty wild

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I tried to buy a membership yesterday, and it said the store is closed until January 1st.

I suppose since I was a cheapskate, and waited this long to join, two more days won't kill me.

BTW.....white dudes do not have "fros". :)

-Mike

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    *French laugh * This is where you are mistaken * another french laugh*

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hehehe.....alright then. I see how you guys are. :D

-Mike

15. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    then what the hell is on my head

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    you, my friend, have poofy hair...black dudes have "fros"...white dudes got poofy hair. :D

-Mike

17. Sure they do.

Can white dudes have thick, tightly curled hair? I think so.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, OK, OK...now you guys are gettin all technical with definitions....I was just tryin to be funny. All the white dudes I see that have "fros", got these mangy, tangly, scruffy looking hairstyles. It looks more like unkempt laziness than a "fro". When I hear the word "fro", I think of Dr. J, Moochie Nooris, and other black dudes with a real "fro". Not cheesing white guys too lazy to get a haircut. (this is a joke, I am sure the dudes here with afro's are not the lazy type).

I suppose you white dudes can have an "afro". But the "fros" are reserved for the black dudes.

-Mike