Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

suprise overdrive find

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by infamousxtopher, Feb 5, 2006.

1. i was forced to head over to the hell that is guitar center yesterday and in my five minutes there i notices danelectros new series of pedals, and said hey i'd like an overdrive and for 15 bucks if it sucks i'm not losing much. so i picked one up not expecting much. plugged it in when i got home. amazing sound for the price. no low end loss at all. also played it with my electric guitar for a gig that night and my drummer complained it was TOO bassy with tone controls maxed out. sounds great on bass and guitar. and i was also suprised to find that it was metal and not plastic. seems well built although the little switch worries mea bit, i stomp pretty hard sometimes. just wanted to give you guys all a heads up on these pedals, if you're looking for something cheap with a decent sound check them out.

topher.

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    They are actually plastic, at least the top of the pedal is, the plate on the bottom is metal with rubber attached. But the top on all the ones I've seen (and own) are plastic. (unless the OD one is metal, but that wouldnt make much sense).

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Is it the Danelectro Fab Overdrive (white colored)? My shop carries all 6 of the Fab ones, and I recently purchased the Fab Flange. I love it!

4. yah its the fab overdrive. you might be right petry i was really tired when i wrote that :) either way it sounds pretty damn good.

5. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Yeah, I recently bought a Jekyll & Hyde and although the Jekyll and hide is more controlled/flexible then the dano, the dano is some serious competition for the price. One thing I noticed though, when playing solo I tried to get the jekyll to sound as close as it could to the dano and then keeping those settings I played in a band context and the dano seemed like all you could hear was fizzly distorted high frequencies, and the jekyll still sounded full. As soon as I put the settings back to normal the dano sounded good again though.:confused:

6. that's weird man. i had the opposite problem, not enough high end. which is what i love. maybe it's just the perfect pedal for me :) but hey the jekyl and hyde is also quite expensive as you said, for the price i doubt this dano can be beat