1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Supro High-Gain Mini bass amp... anyone try one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Dec 27, 2006.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've used the original "Little Smokey" amp on bass, and if you roll the volume on your bass back it actually sounds pretty decent. Since this one is actually designed more for bass, I'd say it's worth trying out. A fun and handy little gadget to have in your coat pocket for impromptu practice.

3. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
  4. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I think 'fuzz bass' is a good description.

5. keyboardguy

May 11, 2005

I just ordered one.

So you have one? If you back off the volume, do you get a somewhat clan sound? ike

I wrote the guy and he said you should get about 10 hours of continuous playing with a 9-volt. Sounds good to me......

M

6. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    No I dont have one, but I listened to a sound sample a while back, dont remember from where from, and thats the feeling I got from it. I also think that, just looking at the size of it, the tone will lack lows of any signifcance. YMMV, IMO etc

Please post your opinions when you get it. : )

7. worker201

worker201

Mar 21, 2008
    Temporarily, TX
    I have one of these somewhere, used to play guitar through it. When they first came out, they were built into a pack of cigarettes, that's how big they are. I'll have to try playing bass through it now.

It's a toy, there's no other way to say it. Can be a lot of fun, and probably worth it for that price. But don't expect undistorted sound or any kind of thump or tone from it.

8. keyboardguy

May 11, 2005
    Yeah, it is what it is.

I just want portability and have the option to play at 3am without disturbing the neighbors.
    Bass response, who cares? :bassist:

9. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Does it have a headphone jack? That would make it a little more handy.

10. worker201

worker201

Mar 21, 2008
    Temporarily, TX
    Negative on the headphone jack.

It's not very loud, you should be able to just close your door for 3am jamming.