Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sure am glad it's spring...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by John Deppel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Spring time...with 8-10 inches of snow on the ground, still snowing heavily, and no sign of it letting up. The roads here are BAD, as the plows can't keep the roads clear due to the continual heavy snowfall. With the way the roads were on my way into work, and they appear to be only getting worse, I worry about getting BACK home...

2. hey you live in alaska , what do you expect ? :D

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Spring has finally come to NY, Thank God. :hyper:

4. And Pennsylvania too! If you ignore those 4 inches of snow we got the other day, it's been nice lately.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Really i didint know their was any snow falling around this way lately.

6. Meadville really got pounded with snow on Sunday, but most of it melted on Monday when the temperature rose again. There was a steady stream of water flowing down the streets and sidewalks from the melting snow. :eek:

7. Today it's beautiful outside. It feels like summer. A few days ago it was kinda chilly though.

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    *kicks back and enjoys the 70+ degree weather he'd had since late feburary*

Ray

9. Oh, you're funny...
    :mad:

:p

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Trust me man, I had my share of 18 winters/springs up there. I'd rather be there...

Ray

11. Yeah, everyone has their own idea of a perfect climate, but I actually do like the full range of seasons that we get here. A little less of the massive snowfalls would be nice, but I'll deal. That doesn't mean I don't complain...I do...a lot, especially when I have to drive. But I don't know if I'm ready to trade it all in for constant warm weather just yet.

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Yeah dude, the whole pretty much warm but for 2 weeks gets very old pretty fast. At least you can tell when you go between spring/summer/fall up there. Down here it goes hot, hot, hotter, hot.

Ray

13. That's the main thing I ain't gonna miss when I move to Seattle this summer. I know I'll still have winter drving to deal with, but winter driving up here is especially bad...it'll start as rain one day, freeze overnight, then start snowing early morning. It's so fun driving to work on a snow-covered skating rink.

14. "Good" weather means no more leather trench coat for me :(
    But I got worse things then not wearing my jacket going on right now, THIS WEEK $UCKS! :mad: :crying:

no I don't need a hug :scowl:

15. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    85 degrees here today. Been great for months! Winter got down to about 30 this year! I thought I'd die! :D