Surf music?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sonorous, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Does anyone know anything about instrumental surf music songs (The Ventures, Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet)?

Things such as keys and chords that are usually used, or anything at all would be appreciated.

I really like the guitar lines on all of those kinds of songs, and wanted to make some, and maybe use them as cool bass lines.
  2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Let's try the Misc forum, maybe we'll get more traffic there..........

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:
  3. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Whatever you say, boss.
  4. The Mermen rock my socks off. There local to San Fransico. Go see 'em. the bass player is great. I bet you could snag a few of his lines.
  5. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Sorry, San Fransisco is a little out of my way. ;)
  6. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Well, I know that it is quite easy to find copies of the music. In fact, I've got some CD compillations called 60's instruments or 50's instrumentals. The sound is all Fender because these bands started up around the sound of these newfangled electric guitar thingies called Telecaster, Stratocaster and Precision bass. Actually, Rics became important, too, all for that twang. The Beach Boys were kind of riding on their wave (sorry). For a really good twangy guitar from this time period who was a main influence on Stevie Ray Vaughan, listen to Lonnie Mack.