Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Surgery in the morning!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BlackNeckJspl, Feb 10, 2003.

1. BlackNeckJspl

BlackNeckJspl

Dec 14, 2002
    Indiana
    Just got done swilling down the second (and Final!) dose of super laxative. That stuff tastes gross!!!:spit: The first dose gave me diarrhea all afternoon and after this one there is going to be nothing left in my system. I have to get my system clean for surgery. About a month ago I weighted 444 and after the liquid diet prep program for the surgery I weigh 416. I go in tomorrow 2-11-03 at 7:45am to have stomach-reducing surgery. If everything goes well I should be back home from the hospital this weekend. :cool: . Ill let you all know how I progress.

2. G'luck dood!

:D:D

Merls

3. Take care! hope you feel better...hospitals suck, but the chicks give you lots of sympathy

:D

Come back soon!

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hang tough, man! Hope this does the trick.

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yep, nothing like the screeching of a bonesaw in the morning, when they misread your tag and amputate your legs in error.. erm, good luck, I'm sure it goes fine! :)

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    All the best dude! Get well soon!

7. I feel ya man. I had to take that crap for my colonoscopy back in October. YUCK!

I spent six months going to a Gastrointerologist whol told me that I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome, but couldn't explain why. Turns out that I had a kidney stone in my left kidney literally the size of a 9-volt battery which was so large it pressing against my colon from inside my kidney and irritating it. I had surgery on it yesterday.

I hope your surgery does the trick for you, and good luck.

8. good luck to you dude. hope all goes well. :)

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Good luck, and happy post-operative itching!

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ouch. that sucks.

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    good luck on the surgery, BlackNeckJspl.

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Good Luck! It did the trick for a co-worker of mine.

13. Hey I hope that everything went well and you are on your way to a speedy recovery..take care....

Fetch!

14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Good luck BlackNeck!

15. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Good Luck My friend, Surgery Sucks!

16. Good luck.

Mike:)

17. I was in the exact same situation as you. They diagnosed me with irritable bowel syndrome when its been my kidney stones all along.

I have to clean my system out too with this weird stuff later today, and i wont be allowed to eat for nearly 2 days afterwards. It'l be hell.

I have surgery on my stones thursday!!!

18. BlackNeckJspl

BlackNeckJspl

Dec 14, 2002
    Indiana
    I survived!! They were able to do it laperscoperly so I don’t have the Frankenstein scar on the stomach. Had a couple days of morphine but that got old and I am glad to be back home!!! Luckily the pulled the IV tubes out of my hands/arms a couple days ago and just used the one on the neck. Let you know more in the morning, I am going to play a couple of scales and off to bed.

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Congrats!

20. BlackNeckJspl

BlackNeckJspl

Dec 14, 2002
    Indiana
    Well I’m up and about. Thought I was never going to leave the hospital last night. First my Dr got called away to emergency surgery before he was to check me out. Three hours later He finally approved my release but then the ICU unit where I was got a couple of emergencies delaying the nurse a couple more hours. She eventually came and pulled most the tubes out and sent me on my way. Luckily none of the emergencies were fatal. :D

Well my neck is still unkinking, from having an IV tube in it. Last night I could only concentrate on the area around the 12th fret so I did up a 12 bar pattern starting on the E’s 12th fret (octave) and called it the “Hospital Blues” :bassist: