Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Surine 7 string bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Bijoux, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    This a Surine Protocol 7 string bass.
    It's from the Surine exotic series III. this is as good as it gets.
    7 piece inlay neck thru.
    made with Purple Heart inlays.
    Mahogany core
    maple neck and wings
    ebony fingerboard
    Bartolini pick ups and preamp
    amazing sound and playability
    it took two years to make this bass and it's one of a kind.
    asking price: $3000 firm , this bas lists for $6995
    email me for pics at:
    BijouxBopMusic@aol.com

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Sounds like Brad Johnson's old bass-is your bass this one by chance?
    [​IMG]

3. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I saw you play that with Wake Up Call last year. Sounded awesome. Why are you selling?

4. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    Yeah, my bass looks almost identical to that one. although I don't have the dots on the front of the fingerboard.
    I am selling the bass because I ordered another one, the Quest model. I have a Quest 7 string fretless and I figured would be nice to have to identical basses, being that I play upright 90% of the time I don't have a whole lot of time to practice electric, so it would help to have basses with the same dimensions and such. Or maybe I am just going crazy, and should just keep all 3 7 string basses!!! ;)

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That was one of Brad's best deals-he got it for only $1000 used. Good luck!