1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Surine Custom 6 String "Priced to Sell"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ivlucas, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    I sold this bass locally to someone who did not complete paying me so I picked it back up. During the meanwhile I purchased a 6 string Ken Smith so I really dont need this one as well. This bass was built by Mr.Lofquist who builds all of the Surine basses for a friend of his which is why he put his name at the top instead of the Surine Logo. The specs are:
    Bartolini Soap Bar Pickups with Barto active tone system including three band boost/ cut
    35" scale
    Burled Brazilian Rosewood top cap over Honduras Mahogany Core- the rear cap is a good visual match using aged Indian Rosewood.
    Neck is a three piece Hard Maple design with an ebony finger board
    Finished in a low maintenance Satin Nitrocellulose
    Gold Hardware
    19mm string spacing
    He used the Surine Protocol specs:
    http://www.surinebasses.com/protocol-i.shtml

The Price is $1650+ Shipping

2. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    More Pics

3. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Bump

4. pmoran

pmoran Inactive

Jan 20, 2007
    san antonio
    i'm a surine nut. as i always say: surine is sublime! that's a gorgeous bass and someone should snap that up. i've owned 4, including scott's former personal bass, used by christina aguilera's bassist for her last world tour, and stamped as the first.... i mean first.....quest 5 string SN 001! my current surine is a quest performaxe X 5 string that took 8 months to build. this is an unbelievable bass. just because it's a six string, don't even think for a minute you can't play metal w/these babies. the only bass i can hit the licks "note for note" with on Disturbed's "Deify" is my fretless 5 string quest performaxe "X". this price is absolutely obscene for such a quality bass and it is absolutely true that mr. lofquist is the "nuts and bolts" guy behind these basses.

5. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    If I hadnt have purchased that Ken Smith NT6 I would be keeping this one!!!

6. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Bump

7. ivlucas

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    SOLD!!!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.