1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Surine Homage NTIV ‘69’ Ramp Bass: Price Drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by EyeBoy, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. EyeBoy

EyeBoy Gold Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a unique and beautiful custom neck-through J-style bass from Scott Surine, in near-mint condition. It has a 7-piece maple and purpleheart through-neck. Body wings are ash with high-grade quilt maple top, back and headstock veneers. It is finished throughout in a beautiful cherry/amber-burst gloss for a striking visual effect. It has a 24-fret, 12” radius cocobolo board, 34" scale and 1.5” nut width. Most unique is the ramp, which is radiused to match the fretboard. It has a matched quilt top and cool zodiac symbol inlay (I thus call this the “69 bass”). Hiding underneath the ramp are two Aguilar 4J-HC pickups. The preamp is an Aguilar OBP-3. Controls are: master volume (push/pull active/passive), blend, bass/treble boost/cut stack and mid boost/cut. There is a mid-frequency toggle. All hardware is gold including the brass nut, Surine Sunova bridge and Gotoh tuners. There are no dents, dings or significant scratches. Action is currently super-low and the sound is fantastic. The bass weighs 9 lbs., 4 oz. and ships in a hard case. Free shipping to CONUS. Sorry, not interested in trades for now.

SurinebodSid.jpg

nozkcb, Matt R and SirMjac28 like this.
  2. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    nozkcb, Matt R and Tekx Fenix like this.
  3. StevieM

StevieM

May 10, 2016
    Logan, WV
    Wow. Huge departure from the other Surine basses I've seen/played in the past. I thought for certain he'd called building basses a day. That headstock has a little Peavey Dyna-Bass vibe to it. Love that bridge design. An awesome builder that doesn't get the attention he deserves. GLWTS.

4. More or Les

More or Les Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    having once owned this bass, I can attest to its tone, play-ability, and cool vibe.

5. Tekx Fenix

Tekx Fenix

Oct 17, 2017
    Just jaw dropping gorgeous!

6. jeffbass

jeffbass Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    Wow!

7. nozkcb

nozkcb Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I'm curious if the pickups under the ramp would be in a traditional J-style location, and if so, would it be the 60's, or 70's location for the bridge pickup?

8. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    Good question. I just measured. The bridge and neck pickups are approximately 2-1/8" and 5-1/8" from the center of the bridge saddles. For the bridge pickup, this would be very close to 70's position (I could not find an exact number online, but used my own basses to calculate). The neck pickup is about 1" closer to the bridge than in a J bass.

9. EyeBoy

Jan 30, 2014
    Monterey Bay, CA
    Sold locally for $1900.