1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Surine Quest 5 string for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MtnGoat, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    Gorgeous Surine Quest 5 string bass for sale. Incredible variety of tones from this instrument. Well-balanced and comfortable to play. 19mm string spacing and 34" scale.

If you're familiar with the various levels of Surine basses, this is a Series I with Honduras Mahogany body core with a rosewood top, Bartolini soapbar pickups, birdseye maple fingerboard on a 5-piece neck, dual truss rods, satin finish. Neck-through construction. Some player wear near the edge of the pickups and a minor scratch on the side of the body, but otherwise excellent condition. Includes gig bag.

Even if you don't need another bass, you can justify the purchase as a beautiful piece of art for to hang on the wall.

New Price:
    $2650 or best offer + shipping.

Attached Files:

2. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    another picture

Attached Files:

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Killer basses and quality right up there with the basses that are house hold names in regards to sounding great,playing great and having great craftsmanship.

I'm a Surine endorser.

4. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Beautiful instrument!!! How does it compare to Ken Smith in the sound and playability department?

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

5. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH

6. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    controls are volume volume treble mid lows
    the first volume pot is a push-pull on/off for the active/passive mode selection.

7. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
  8. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    mmmmm another picture of this beauty

Attached Files:

9. funkyshifty

funkyshifty

Jun 6, 2003
    I had a chance to play a Ken Smith 5 and a Surine 5 back to back at a NAMM show a few years back. I tried the Surine first, then the Smith.
    I promptly went back and bought the Surine!!

This is by no means a dig at Ken Smith and everyone's taste are different but I have played several of each since and still come back to the same conclusion.

Surine's are amazing instruments and are worth every penny

10. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Thank you for the info. I appreciate your opinion!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to waste! :cool:

11. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    For those who are interested, I've got audio samples from some recordings I've done with this bass. They are in a rock fingerstyle setting recorded at nice studios. I'm also working on recording a thumbstyle audio sample as well.

12. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    Thanks for all of the inquiries. Both thumb-style and finger-style audio samples are now available upon request.

13. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    reasonable offers considered

14. raymondl3

raymondl3

Dec 10, 2007
    USA
    Hey would you mind posting the final Surine build sheet that has photo documentation?
    Thanks.

15. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    Thanks for the inquiries. Keep your questions coming, I'll answer anything you want.

16. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    New Price: $2650

17. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    still available

18. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    I forgot to mention that the bass includes a gig bag and SKB flight case (pictured below)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.