SOLD Surine Quest V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Mar 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my Surine Quest V Series 1 bass. I recently picked this up in a trade. It is a killer bass that plays and sound amazing. I am only selling because while I was waiting for the bass to arrive I bought my dream spec'd Roscoe even though I didn't have any money soooo....now I have to sell the Surine.

This bass is in very good shape. There is some cosmetic wear as it has been used but it is pretty minimal. The bass is still very beautiful. I have taken photos of all the obvious marks. There is a bit of finish checking around the bridge as well that is very difficult to see unless in the right light and was impossible for me to photograph. I couldn't even see it today but I noticed it yesterday. There is also what appears to be two very small holes that may have been filled at some point just above the neck pickup. You can see these in the close up photo of the neck pickup. These are not very noticeable at all. There may have been some sort of ramp at some point. Not sure.

These bass's (as an option) have an extended fretboard that can be seen in some of the photos. This is removable and the truss road opening is under it. It has 24 frets with the board removed. (see photos) I had also been using a thin plastic plate in place of the fretboard extension for slapping. I don't do a lot of slapping but it you do this is a good option. I just used 2 sided tape on it and it looked cool and worked well.

This bass had Bart pups and a bart 3 band preamp. Sounds thick and round and sits great in a mix. Very Smith like to my ears.

Weighs around 9 lbs according to my old bathroom scale. It is not a heavyweight and it balances perfectly. Zero neckdive.

35" scale

It's a mahogany body core with quilted maple top and back. Maple and purple heart 5 piece neck with an ebony fretboard and a brass nut. Dual truss rods.

I've added a link below to the Reverb add in which the previous owner bought it from so you can see some additonal photos.

A new model with these specs would cost you well over $5000.00

Selling for $1875 $1750 shipped in North America with the Surine gigbag and truss rod tool (sears 12 point 1/4" wrench).

Surine 5 String Bass Guitar Quest Series flamed maple spectacular NTVII 5 active

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  2. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Scale length?

3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    35"

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Single trussrod?

5. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Dual truss rod. In description and photos above.

6. raal

raal Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Minneapolis / St Paul
    crazy price for boutique goodness of the golden era but i have too many basses

Jabba the bass and RussT like this.
  7. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price drop to $1750. Need to recoup some cash. No trades please.

8. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Sale pending.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022