Surprise Find....Special Edition Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by patrickshofner, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Tonight i was in the mall with my girlfriend and stopped by Willis Music (Chain Store that pretty much sucks). But today i saw a jazz bass that i was really impressed with. Its a fender special edition jazz bass with basslines and it sounded SWEET. i'm currently a warwick player and was blown away by this because its the last thing i was looking for but i really liked this axe. the variety in tones was awesome. I was wondering is anyone has any experience with this particular bass if you have any feedback at all, thanks in advance!

BTW, the price was about $550.
  2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    2 entries in the Gear Review section.

I love mine. Those SD 1/4#ers are nice pups.

3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Limited Edition? Not sure about that, regular production model I think. Or maybe it's an LE like a Geddy Sig. Limited until it becomes a top seller.

On a Jazz bass binge at GC one day, the sales guy handed me everything and I liked the Marcus Miller and Geddy Lee sigs, then he handed me this thing, played and sounded like a dream. If it weren't for the abnormal controls (I CAN get used to, just love the classic Jazz look better) I could see myself buying one in the future.

BTW, I couldn't believe it was Made in Indonesia, I believe.
  4. That's cool, just the bridge seems cheap to me....
    But if it sounds great, that's not a matter.
    We had a thread about this bass that told us everything about it, I'll do search and post the link.

5. well i've already made another trip to the store and i'm about 90% on the purchase. just wondering what you guys thought about this bass being able to pull off a modern rock type sound. i mean i love the variation that i got out of it andi could definately get some good growl from it. i guess i'm just lookin for reassurance before i drop $550 on a guitar that i've never really considered owning before yesterday
  6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'm fairly sure the Jazz Bass 24 is made in Korea. Nice bass. Completely not my style.