1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Surprise find

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rodv66, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Just got a Hughes and Kettner 4x10 cabinet and I'm shocked at how good it sounds. I picked it up local for 65 bucks and paired it with my Trace Elliot 1x15. It was crisp, yet had a solid punch. This might be one of the best deals that I ever got. Have a Trace V series head coming and will be running it with this.

andruca, PeaveyPlayer and blubass like this.
  2. BlacknWhite

BlacknWhite Supporting Member

Another bass player I know was telling me about these cabs. Had nothing but good things to say. What model is it? Got any pics?

3. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Model BR410H. Rated 300w at 8 ohms. Guy said it was about 17 years old.

BlacknWhite likes this.
  4. BlacknWhite

Nice. Sweet score for $65

5. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Thought it was a typo, guy had trouble selling because most never heard of the brand. He only was doing local pickup and turned out his guitar player lives around the block from me

6. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Here's a pic. Will go nice with the TE head hk cab.

7. BlacknWhite

Lol that's crazy. You def got a sweet deal. I can't believe anyone would sell any bass cab for 65$ let alone one of that quality. Gotta love when those types of deals come through... I once picked up an old Cornet Drum kit in perfect condition for 50$ cymbals and all.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  8. rodv66

rodv66

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Guy told me it was a great deal and told him he was right. He had to clear out stuff he's not using because his wife is freaking out that the house is taken over by gear.

BlacknWhite likes this.
  9. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    H&K makes great gear, but seems to get little acclaim.