Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Surprise use for a Euphonic Audio CXL112...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DaveB, Sep 30, 2004.

1. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    When I bought my two CXL112s I certainly was paying attention to the "studio monitor" accuracy claims (important since my primary motivation was for upright).Anyway, last week my Jazz trio (upright,guitar,drums) got a new small club gig, but we were warned that the bandstand was SUPER small and the least possible amount of gear was mandatory.

So, armed with this info I decided leave my normal rig at home (iamp800 and one CXL112) and take our small PA head,my Fishman Platinum Bass EQ, and one CXL112. I ran the bass through the Fishman, the PA and the CXL112. No surprise there. The Bass sounded great. But here's the surprise. We also ran the vocal mic through it as well. The CXL112 was absolutely stellar as a low volume vocal PA cab. We'll be doing this regularly in rooms bigger than that one. I'll just bring both CXL112s. We didn't miss our usual PA mains one little bit. Go figure.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

They work really well for guitar synth and V-guitar too.