1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

surprise welcome back

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by OriginalSnub, Jun 2, 2011.

1. OriginalSnub

OriginalSnub

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Went on vacation for two weeks to come back and check the band page only to find out we are on hiatus. Apparently the band split up while I was away and I really don't know why.

2. Something is rotten in the state of O-Snub. Were things going well before you went on vacation? Did you notice any rumbling/grumbling over and above the usual level of band bickering? Curious that they would wait until you were gone before they pulled the plug.

I can think of a number of different scenarios that could lead to this, so I'm interested in what actually went down. Keep us posted.

3. OriginalSnub

OriginalSnub

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    It appears there was some sort of fight while I was gone. Things were going decent before I left, a little bickering but it seemed to be getting a little better. Still not really sure what went down as I was only able to talk to the singer for a few and it sounded like a long story. At least my gear was all at my place so I don't have to do the awkward rig pick up.

4. Sounds like maybe your bro's overreacted to a sudden (usually trivial) snit-fit. Typical when spending a lot of time with the same group of guys regardless of whether your in a band, on a team, at work, etc; especially for younger guys. If you can all agree to hang out, have a couple few cold brews or what-not, then I bet things can be put back into perspective.

Usually the cause for this type of thing is conflicting, bloated egos and communication breakdown. For me it always comes down to this: does the effort I put into managing band ego's outweigh the satisfaction I get from the music being made?

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Maybe they are reforming without you?

6. That was my first thought. Covert operations are not uncommon in this line of work :ninja:

7. OriginalSnub

OriginalSnub

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Always a possiibility I suppose. I'm pretty sure the band is just parting ways though.

8. whatever the reason it's a lack of professionalism that they didn't let you know.

9. OriginalSnub

OriginalSnub

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Well doesn't look like they are reforming without me as they took down the facebook page and stuff. And now for my least favorite part of being a musician: time to start or find a new band to join.

10. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    A fresh start might be really good for you. You know what things you want in a band and the things you don't want. Be as strategic as you can during your search.

Strong effective leadership has always come up as one of the primary criteria used when looking for a new band.

blue