TRADED Sushi Box FX Deep Dish Tube Compressor - Mint / Price Drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by benjobass, May 15, 2021.

1. benjobass

benjobass Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2001
    Midwest
    Price:
    United States
    Too many compressors and as much as I love this thing I am currently enjoying the Empress BC. Mint condition and sounds tremendous. Skip the long wait time (3+ months at this point) and grab this up. Price includes tubes and insured shipping in the lower US 48.

From Sushi Box FX:
    The Deep Dish Compressor is inspired by the legendary Effectrode LA-1A Leveling Amplifier, but in a more pedalboard-friendly package. Combining the warmth of an all-tube signal path with a modern precision rectifier compression sidechain, Deep Dish can give you anything from light smoothing to aggressive squishing, all with the exceptional clarity and warmth. Additionally Deep Dish has a 10-segment LED bar as a gain reduction indicator, to let you know how much your signal is being compressed.

Deep Dish uses a 12AU7 and a 12AT7 and comes with JJ/Tesla tubes, or you can save a bit and opt for the no-tubes option and put whatever you want in there. I recommend sticking with 12AU7 and 12AT7, but I'm not the tube police, it's your pedal. Anything in the same 12A*7 family can be plugged in without damaging it, it may just not sound as good.

The Deep Dish Compressor takes a 12V input, and can accept center negative or center positive inputs. It uses an internal regulator to supply 200V to the plates, giving it the richness you expect from a full high-voltage preamp. It comes in a 1590BB enclosure.

Controls: Peak Reduction, Attack, Gain, Knee

Like all Sushi Box FX pedals the Deep Dish Compressor is true bypass, hand-wired, and built with pride in Chicagoland, U.S.A.

CURRENT DRAW NOTE: The Deep Dish Compressor uses vacuum tubes, which means it has current requirements higher than most pedals. During warm up it will try to pull around 900mA on a 12V input, and when it has finished warming up it will pull about 560mA on a 12V input. I recommend a 1000mA (or more) supply.

Pics
    Sushi Box Deep Dish - 1.jpg Sushi Box Deep Dish - 2.jpg Sushi Box Deep Dish - 3.jpg Sushi Box Deep Dish - 4.jpg Sushi Box Deep Dish - 5.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Snowglo, Lammchop93 and kranahan like this.
  2. benjobass

Oct 6, 2001
    Midwest
    Price drop bump. Just over the price of the pedal w/o any tubes but this one comes with tubes. And free shipping. Just sayin'. ;-)

kranahan likes this.
  3. psychovox

psychovox Supporting Member

I honestly can't believe this is still here at this price.

kranahan and benjobass like this.
  4. benjobass

Oct 6, 2001
    Midwest
    You and me both! Monies are tight I suppose.

5. Kelly robinson

Kelly robinson

Dec 30, 2014
    Where's the professionally applied velcro - maybe that's the real holdup .... Wouldn't stop me of course but a distinct lack of discretionary funds definitely is . Sweet looking pedal for sure - GLWS ... Kelly

benjobass likes this.
  6. benjobass

Oct 6, 2001
    Midwest
    On hold pending trade...

kranahan likes this.