Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    I haven't been here in a couple days... band practice.. and girlfriends.. playing bass more than ever.. *grin*

well.. heres something that happened
    I got suspended for 2 days..
    I goto a private school.. with about 400 people in the school.. There is no rules about clothes.. just like.. you cant wear baggy pants or shorts..(which i dont really wear to much shorts and my pants are just normal loose leg fit jeans..
    anyway.. i wore a megadeth shirt to school..
    The principle came up to me.. "Do you know you are Satans TOOL when you wear shirts like that?

me: well.. They aren't satanic so im not being satans tool

So he gave me 2 little pampletts.. one saying "rock music kills" .. the other one says "rock music: satans advocate"...

In the Rock music satans advocate thing.. they list supposed lyrics...
    saying that.. Jimmy buffet was part of the satanic church, because he said "My feet stink and i dont love jesus" .. jimmy page was the lead singer of led zeppelin and it says to worship satan if you play house of the holy backwards..
    Iron maiden said in one of there songs.. they wanted to have sex with satan.. And that little richard was a "****** that was going to hell"...

i never knew any of this stuff.. *looks around like a big F****** dufus!*

In Rock music kills.. it says that A kid listened to Pink floyds album "the wall" and went into a "translike" state and killed his mother by gouging her eyes out.. ripping out her vocal chords and slighting her throat ear to ear..and it said this "there were no drugs in his system .. the only thing found was THE ROCK MUSIC!"(thats exactilly quoted like i put it up here)..
    and also..
    "Tommys father said later, all week his son had been singing a ROCK SONG "about blood and killing your mother."

No disrespect to anyones personal beliefs. I know there are alot of bassist on here that belong to churches and play for churches and I really respect them.. (cas(i think).. embelisher are the first names that pop into my head)..
    I dont want this to become a religious thing..
    This is just about my day and how i think my school really sucks..

So i got suspended.. plus on top of that.. Im a youth leader at my church and my main youth pastor john heard about it cause the principle goes to my church and now john kicked me out of that position.. for
    1. Wearing a band with refrences to paganism and satanism (which i wasn't.. the shirt just said megadeth)..
    I asked him where did he get that from? and he said my "principle" told him that..

2. For getting supsended.. its setting a bad name for the church..

Im getting fed up.. with the holier than thou art crap..
    thanks for listening
  2. oh please please PLEASE scan these or give me the publisher's info so i can get them for myself.
  3. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    For a good laugh..
    "i would like to tell my kid how much rock music kills people and i heard about 'how rock music kills'
    so could you send me some of your trax?"
    Rock Music: It Kills
    New International Perversion
    and the best one yet
    Is your religion boring??

Dr Leo Crofford
    4070 Macon Rd.
    Memphis. TN 38122

after that.. you can tell him that its too late that a knife jumped out of your sons tape deck while he was listening to Morbid angel and stabbed him and both you to death.. and your writing this while your at your own funeral.

have fun zach.. i know you will..
    I think the front artwork is the best artwork ive seen..
    2 Sgs... going through a skull..... i just wish that was real autopsy pictures of stupid guitarist i have the displesure of knowing.
  4. if i wer you i would transfer to public schools... havent caused any problems with me so far.

plus in public schools you dont get told that your worshiping satan for wearing a Megadeath shirt or manson or any thing else...
  5. My response to such verbal garbage (not you, the principal):

Well, I fell truly sorry that you can't have an open mind about such things as music. I guess when Jesus became Lord of the Dance you must have been at home or something.

Get's 'em every time.

Rock on
  6. Two days of practice, exercise, and sleep time. Sweet!

I had no idea people still went around claiming rock music was a tool of evil beings. I have to check out those religious tracts- they sound like the work of Jack Chick, though I don't recognize the specific titles from the ones on his webpage.
  7. My guess is that they're Chick tracts, or at least very good imitations thereof. God, those are hilarious. The anti-Buddhist one, showing the Buddhist monks beating up passersby for not putting money in their bowls, is probably the best.

Anyhow, Nick, I really feel sorry for you if you're in this position. For one thing, Dave Mustaine is a born-again Christian--he says that Jesus is what's keeping him from relapsing onto heroin.

Maybe, though, if you go to a regular public school, you won't have to deal with crap like this--and since you're in Mississippi, and my Southern relatives tell me that "private school" might as well be "white school" there, you might get to interact with some different people.
  8. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Nick, that has to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard. How ignorant can this guy (the principal) be? I would suggest transferring to a public school, you shouldn't get that kind of crap there.

***? Where'd they get that from? :eek: :eek: :D
  9. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Step nurmero uno
    Come to school on your first day wearing a Grateful Dead T-Shirt and a F**K you hat

Step two. You say your school doesnt have a dress code policy. Tell him that him not allowing you to wear your t-shirt to school violates your rights to expression as outlined in the Supreme court case Tinker vs. Des Moines Independet School District. See what he says...but I don't and school

10. Yeah, I always thought Robert Plant did the singing!:confused:
  11. I'm also wondering which Iron Maiden song quotes them as wanting to have sex with the devil?? I'm a big fan, and can't think of which song it could be!!! Also, erm, when they tour now, they take their familys a lot of the time - all of them being family men!!!

Ignorance is obviously bliss to some people!:(

Sorry you got suspended Nick for 'wearing the wrong type of T-shirt', at least you don't need to get a life. Also, I'm guessing that you were a christian - as you were a youth leader at the church. I find this weird because I would have thought that they would have wanted to 'help' you, not kick you out!
  12. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    It's really sad and scary that a person involved in tutoring can be so ignorant and intolerant.

What's also interesting is that many of those saying they are religious can be the biggest hypocrits. From what I know most religions primarily teach love and understanding.

I would condone some dress codes in schools (at least wear clean clothes for everyone's comfort), but not for such stupid moralistic reasons.
  13. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    im not even getting into this again.
  14. pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    have some fun: ask for supporting evidence for these wild claims, do the investigation work yourself, and present your findings to your oppressors. fun w/ the truth.

anyways, been there, mine was for the classic overkill "finger shirt", you know, the "i don't care what you say f$#% you!." a guaranteed three days off everytime.
  15. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LMAO@"Rock music kills" and "Rock music: Satan's advocate". I was looking for something funny to put in my signiature...
  16. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Is this a joke? I only thought things like this happen in Twisted Sister music videos :confused:
  17. Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    Go back naked, see if they like that.

18. ROFLMAO!!:D :D
  19. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Get a couple of big tattoos, and your nipples pierced first...

20. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    im actually conteplating a tattoo today.. i wanna get something cool.. like "mike watt is god" across my wrist or something.. hehehe..
    maybe i should wear a dress to school... lipstick and peirce my butt!

wow ive gotten alot of replys from this.. i knew i tried to watch my spelling.. hmm =D
    Funny thing is my music teacher is the biggest led zeppelin freak ever. He plays lead guitar at our church (does one hell of a job too)
    So im gonna take those to him and let him have a good laugh because i know he will..

another thing i read in there was
    "in the song stairway to heaven the singer says "sometimes things can have 2 meaning" THEY SHOULD KNOW! THERE MUSIC IS FULL OF SATANIC BACKMASKING!" "If you play stairway to heaven backwards it says things like "my sweeet satan" and vulger things like. Jimmy Page, a actual satanist himself was a follower of crowleys magic.
    Which teachers people to cast spells on people by SINGING BACKWARDS"

EDIT: me and god have the same birthday.. i just looked on the talkbass birthday list.. how cool!
    Im wearing a morbid angel shirt the first day i come back! ..which is friday!
    and ill say "well.. me and god have the same birthday".. and its true! because.. God is on talkbass.. and i guess me and him have the same birthday. ..yay!