1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SVP-CL and World 1.2?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by haujobb, Apr 13, 2006.

1. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Anybody ever try this combination before? Do you think this would be capable of a dirty bass tone with lots of attack?

Cabs will likely be a pair of GK 410SBX.

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    I have. lots of attack, yes. but dirty tone? probably not with that setup. I used Ampeg cabs and i used a Varidrive tube distortion pedal for grind. it sounded fantastic.

3. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    regarding the overdrive, the CL doesn't have a real overdriven tone...full as all get out, but not over the top like it sounds like you're looking for. I love my SVPCL, but I don't play much distortion/metal/edgy stuff

4. porteous

porteous

Mar 24, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    SVPCL+World 1.2: This is my exact setup... I love it. Weighs about 1/4th SVT head, and you can get pretty much the same sound if you want (but with other options with the very usable "Ultra-Low" tone selector.

5. There are no dirty tones to be found in the SVP-CL

6. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    +1.

I absolutely love my SVPCL but it doesn't do dirty at all. As a matter of fact once that clip light starts flashing on the input, it sounds downright bad.

On the other hand I've never really heard any front end distortion that I liked so, maybe it's just me.

7. If you want dirty better go for the SVP-Pro it has the extra drive tube.

8. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    +1 it will get plenty of grind going.

9. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    That was an old post.

I'm stuck right now between my current setup, or a World 1.6 and Sansamp RBI, or a World 1.6 and SVP-BSP. I might just stick with the Yorkville since it is such a good amp for my style.