Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVP-CL ORDERED

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joe Beets, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I just submitted my order. I hope I don't get one with too low of an output to work with my power amp. I hope it doesn't make a humming or hissing noise out the DI. I hope the green light isn't too bright. Why, oh why, couldn't they have made it a blue light? Will the green light give me a headache if I look at it too long? Do I need to swap out the tubes to get rid of the hissing? Maybe I have read too much about this preamp. I wouldn't know about any of this crap if I didn't spend so much time reading the dang forum. Thanks a lot, guys. Actually, I think it will work out perfectly. Otherwise I will unload it on Ebay for next to nothing and get a BMAX-T instead!!! ;)

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Dang! Quit your worrying. You'll love it.

3. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    And Good Lord! What if Chicken Little was right?

4. Philthy

Philthy Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2001
    Wallington, NJ
    You are DEFINITELY gonna love it. I just picked one up about 2 weeks ago. I had it ordered from Ampeg thru a local music store and it's great. The new ones that are out do not have any output issues. I PM'd Jerrold Tiers (a.k.a. Ampeg Insider) on this site. He works for Ampeg. I gave him the serial number off my preamp and he told me that the serial numbers that have "D1" for the 5th and 6th digit are new one made in Jan '05. They don't have any output issues. And from the sounds of it, it is definitely plenty loud. I can't wait to use it for the first time at a gig. Enjoy!!!

5. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    You will love it.

And it is much more organic sounding than the BMAX-T (which is one of my faves.)

6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Congrats Joe !
    You can't go wrong with an SVT-CL, as long as your back can bear it or you have road staff to carry it for you... :p
    The SVT-CL is a great amp, really out of competition on the market, but its weight and price are obstacles for some people.
    Cheers,
    JL

7. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    He's talking about the SVP-CL pre amp. 10 pounds max. :cool:

8. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I forgot the smiley faces again, sorry. :D :D :D

9. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Oops sorry, I had read SVT-CL.

10. MBIYF

MBIYF

Oct 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Congratz, you'll love it.

11. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    That's interesting. Mine has "DQ" for the 5th and 6th digit and I got mine in Nov. '04. That must mean that mine wasn't an updated model. If that's true, I can't see what all the complaining was about because mine is plenty loud.