1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

SVP PRO: old or new????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Which do ya'll tink would be a better buy? A used older svp pro w/ the 12ax7's and a 12au7 for $225.00 or the newer one with all 12ax7's for $250.00?? and why, since I've never heard the older of the 2. Does anyone know why the made that change between the older ones and the newer ones???:confused:

2. Link to: TB Thread on Ampeg Serial Number Codes

The above link will help you identify the age of the rig.

Older SVP Pro don't use this type of serial numbering, as I inquired about one on eBay and the guy gave me a 5 digit serial that didn't correlate to anything.

Personally, I think I would opt for the newest one... they change these things for a reason, and usually for engineering improvements and bug fixes.