1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SVP-Pro vs. SVP-BSP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Saetia, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I have an Ampeg SVP-BSP and I was wondering how it compares to the SVP-Pro, I know that ths BSP has the two channels and dual outs and stuff, and doesn't have the 9 band graphic EQ, but I was just wondering what differences in sound I may obtain with both?
    Also the guy I bought it from forgot to send the power chord with it, said he sent it later, but I still haven't recieved it almost a month later, anywho my question is, can I just use a spare computer/ anyother device cable that is the same plug in?
    thanks
    peace
    -Ben

2. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    The SVP-BSP has a compressor and a noise gate. I think it provides more distortion than the SVP-Pro in one of the channels. The SVP-Pro has the 9 band graphic EQ and a 5 position Mid Control. The Mid Control on one of the SVP-BSP channels is parametric.

3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Try doing a search...

Yes, you can use a computer cable for your preamp

4. computer cable, power amp cable, both will work.
    man I hope you haven't had had it sitting around for a month w/o hearing it. that would hurt !

5. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Yeah been sitting for a month, and yeah its eating at me, I mean, I'm still waiting on my Power amp, so I really can't test it but yeah it's eating at me. Thanks for the info
    peace
    -Ben;) :bassist: