svt 1510 he

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by barroso, Oct 5, 2000.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i have an old svt 1510 he ampeg cabinet. it has two speakers and a horn. i have the intention to buy a new head to use it during live shows beacuse my old eko all tube head works great but is big and fragile. i decided to buy from a friend an ampeg svtIII pro head. does anyone know if the wattage of the svt III pro is too much for my cabinet?
    thanks a lot ti everyone who'll show interest

2. David Tyler

David Tyler

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm wondering if you ever got an answer to that question. I've been an Ampeg user for decades. My main rig is a Pro4 with two matched PR410 SVT cabs (the ones with the round ports) but I also have a Pro3 head and was wondering if the 1510 HE would be a good match for it.

3. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current or previous endorsements with: GK, DR Strings, Rotosound, EB, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    That cab is rated at 175 watts rms @ 8 ohms. There's a lot of heads that could destroy that cab. However, with judicial volume control it's entirely possible to run a head rated anywhere from 1 watt to 1500+ watts safely.

4. deathness

deathness

Jan 19, 2015
    BKLYN
    In the year 2000 I was in college, working at a liquor store on the Southside of Chicago, listening to lots of Lee scratch perry and can and plastikman and the roots and the rolling stones, and in a very bad-for-me relationship. Good times.