SVT 2 pro rear feet necessary?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by punkrockmike, Mar 22, 2011.

1. i am interested in a certain rack case for my SVT 2 Pro that a local shop has for sale right now. The only problem is, the case is only 14" deep. the amp (from the back side of the faceplate to the tips of the rear plastic feet) is just barely over 14", making it so i cant quite fit the back lid of the rack on. does anybody foresee any problems if i were to remove the rear feet so the amp fits? please let me know asap. i only have til 8 pm tomorrow to decide if i want to keep the rack, and if taking the feet off is a bad idea, i have no use for it. Thanks!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    the screws that hold on the feet also hold on the rear panel. if it were me, i'd get shorter screws, but i don't see a problem with removing the feet.

3. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    You can probably remove it and re-install the screw if absolutely necessary. Given the size and form factor though, I see the rear feet as a good thing without a case, but YMMV if your case has handles at convenient places.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    don't forget to give it plenty of support on the bottom, though. a big heavy amp like that will flex if it's only suspended by the rack ears and nothing on the bottom, and flexing can cause breakage.

5. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Ah yes, my SVT II suffers from a slight case of faceplate bending, but it sounds GREAT!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021