1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

svt-2 screwed up

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by owsley, Apr 3, 2006.

1. owsley

owsley

Apr 2, 2006
    My svt-2 is acting really wierd. I'll being playing it and it will just go silent and the standby LED on the front will blink on and off REDgreenREDgreenREDgreen. PLus, the green LED for the right biasing screw on the back of unit won't come on. The red one works as it should, coming on when a signal is going through the amp, but the green one never comes on. Wha does it mean!should I get new tubes, or is it something else?

2. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    To me, it means that you either need to read the manual or call Ampeg to see if this is a "known" error condition, and if so, what it means . . .

- Tim

3. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
  4. Ohh you mean SVT-2 Pro . . . theres your problem :rolleyes:

(sorry couldnt resist)

And by what the manual says it seems you have a problem with one of your power tubes . . . (i think thats what 8mmOD is getting at, and that guy knows his ampeg!)