1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT-200T and Bi-Amping

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by totallybacan, Mar 30, 2009.

1. totallybacan

totallybacan

Mar 30, 2009
    Hi everybody I'm new here. I've been playing bass for about 3 years now and just this year moved up from a combo. I found a SWR Working Man 410T and a SWR Big Ben (old version). The guitarist in my band bought an Ampeg SVT-200T for $300 of ebay, and we've been gigging with that and my 410. However, last gig I noticed I was consistently clipping. Would bi-amping give me increased volume so that I can back off on the head a bit? What about running the cabs out of the speaker outs? This would avoid the crossover if i'm not mistaken and run the same signal to both which I wanted to avoid. and lastly, the 410 has an output. would the big ben running off the 410 be the same as running both off of the speaker outs? Thanks again.

P.S.- The big ben is an 18", 400w at 8 ohms, and the 4x10 is also 400w at 8 ohms. The SVT is 200w for 8 ohms, and 350w+- for 4 ohms.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, either running both cabs off the 2 outputs from the amp, or 1 spkr out to 1st cab, and from 1st cab to 2nd is exactly the same thing. The amp is then running at full potential, (4 ohms). I'm not sure if the 200T is biampable or not.

3. totallybacan

totallybacan

Mar 30, 2009
    Yea it is. it has an adjustable crossover and an eq knob for the crossover. Will this give me more headroom though?

4. totallybacan

totallybacan

Mar 30, 2009
    I also have a mag from ashdown 300 so i could link the heads and hook up one cab to each head, but they would both be at 8 ohms and the tone won't be the same

5. Mississippi Al

Mississippi Al

Feb 17, 2006
    You need an additional power amp to biamp the SVT-200T