Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT-3 Pro And 410HLF?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by joel the bass player, Feb 3, 2001.

1. I was wondering if it is safe to run an Ampeg SVT-3 Pro with my BSE-410 HLF. I am planning on buying the head soon, but will be left without money. I plan on buying the regular Ampeg 4X10, followed by another one later on, since I want an 8X10 withouth the giant girth. Since my cab I have now is 4 ohms, the amp would be running at 450 watts, when the cab is only supposed to handle 400 watts, I was wondering if I will be on the verge of meltdown whenever I play loud? Any help would be great!!

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    It is better to have an AMP rated OVER the Cab.
    This way.. the amp wont clip and then wont damage the cab.
    Some people think is better to have a 150 Watt Amp with a 200 Watt Cab.. It is the contrary because the 150 Watt amp will clip and practically destroy the cab.

3. i second what lfabra said, i run my WT-800 bridged mono (800w) into a D-4x10 xlt (700w rms) and it works great. Its good cause your giving the speakers much more "clean" watts.

4. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I have a 600 watt head going into a 400 watt speaker cab, and it works fine.