1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SVT 3 Pro & cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DiazRomero, Mar 18, 2005.

1. DiazRomero

DiazRomero

Jun 25, 2004
    Moss Beach, CA
    To all SVT 3 Pro users, I need your help. My cabinet has a 4 ohm load which is the minimum for the amp. I want to add another 4 ohm cab to my rig. Do I use the other 1/4" speaker jack on the amp or do I daisy chain it to the extention speaker jack on the first cabinet? I don't want to fry anything up. :confused:

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Well, just use both the speaker jacks on the head, it'll make it a 2 ohm load...

I beleive daisy chaining it will make it 2 aswell though

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    It ain't worth it bro, if you wire them in series it'll bring it up to 8 ohms, and you won't be drawing the full power to each cabinet. My suggestion? Get an SVT-CL/Sunn 300T, which can handle a 2 ohm load, be a LOT louder, and sound better. :bassist:

4. go buy 2 8 ohm cabs

5. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, your not fully understand the whole deal with impedance here. Two 4ohm cabs will be a total of 2ohms. It's kinda the opposite of what your thinking..... I know its a little weird at first, but you gotta think about it for it to make sense. Basically.... if you have a 4ohm cab right now, your screwed for getting more cabs.

Two 8ohm cabs will be a total of 4ohms.... if you did this, then you'd definately have more volume with the full 450Watts from the amp.

6. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    I was surprised the first two responses did not mention right away that he should not run two 4 ohm cabs into this amp if it can only handle a 4 ohm load. That should have been the primary answer but maybe DiazRomero will read on and see your, my posts to his thread. BTW, DiazRomero, I'm a Diaz here too. Ola and Howdy from Tejas! :hyper: