SVT 3 Pro & cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DiazRomero, Mar 18, 2005.

1. DiazRomero

Jun 25, 2004
    Moss Beach, CA
    To all SVT 3 Pro users, I need your help. My cabinet has a 4 ohm load which is the minimum for the amp. I want to add another 4 ohm cab to my rig. Do I use the other 1/4" speaker jack on the amp or do I daisy chain it to the extention speaker jack on the first cabinet? I don't want to fry anything up. :confused:
  2. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Well, just use both the speaker jacks on the head, it'll make it a 2 ohm load...

I beleive daisy chaining it will make it 2 aswell though
  3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    It ain't worth it bro, if you wire them in series it'll bring it up to 8 ohms, and you won't be drawing the full power to each cabinet. My suggestion? Get an SVT-CL/Sunn 300T, which can handle a 2 ohm load, be a LOT louder, and sound better. :bassist:
  4. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, your not fully understand the whole deal with impedance here. Two 4ohm cabs will be a total of 2ohms. It's kinda the opposite of what your thinking..... I know its a little weird at first, but you gotta think about it for it to make sense. Basically.... if you have a 4ohm cab right now, your screwed for getting more cabs.

Two 8ohm cabs will be a total of 4ohms.... if you did this, then you'd definately have more volume with the full 450Watts from the amp.
  5. ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    I was surprised the first two responses did not mention right away that he should not run two 4 ohm cabs into this amp if it can only handle a 4 ohm load. That should have been the primary answer but maybe DiazRomero will read on and see your, my posts to his thread. BTW, DiazRomero, I'm a Diaz here too. Ola and Howdy from Tejas! :hyper: