1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SVT-3 PRO verses SVT-4 PRO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by msprague@netins, May 13, 2006.

1. msprague@netins

msprague@netins

Oct 24, 2004
    I bougth an new SVT-3 PRO last year and thougth it was OK until I started playing out. Just seemed to lack the punch and sound I was looking for. I just upgraded to the SVT-4 PRO and what a difference! I highly recommed saving up the $300 extra and getting the 4.

I had gotten so dissatisfied with my sound that I took my entire old rig STV-3 PRO/SVT-410HE into a guitar store and thought I just needed a new cabinet as my 410 was 8 ohms. BTW, the SVT-3 would much rather see 4 ohms. I plugged the 3 into a new SVT-410HLF and it sounded MUCH better. Then I plugged the 4 into the HLF cab and WOW. OK, so I swapped the whole thing out and it really rocks.
    SVT-3 PRO/SVT410HE in, SVT-4 PRO/SVT410HLF out

2. The true test with any rig is using it in a band situation.

3. The 4 is a much more powerfull amp, although I have heard alot of people say that they actually prefer the tone of the 3? I guess that doesn't count for much if you can't hear yourself though!

4. Hmmz... 1200 watts into 4 ohms vs. 275 watts into 8 ohms. Not very difficult eh. I for myself indeed rather like the 3's pre, but the only moment I use a single svt410he with it is in my bedroom :) ...