1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

svt 3 pro vs gk rb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deadpimp, Jan 25, 2012.

1. First post here we go
    Been looking for this discussion svt 3 pro vs GK RB

I am currently running an early 90s hartke 2000 in to a ampeg 2x12. I just loaded with delta 12lfa. Washburn Xb400 (actives)you'll pry out of my dead cold hands.

I have had no trouble with the system yet but the hartke is giving me some "signs" its thinking about retiring.

I decided on the gk 700/1001 or the Svt 3 pro. I like it rattle the windows LOW
    So the Million Dollar question??? What do you guys think??:eyebrow:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I think you're going to get some who like the 3 Pro, some who like the GK, and some who will say fix the Hartke.

3. Yep! Clean the effects return jack first then try out those two amps to see which one has YOUR sound. ;)

4. worshiprocker

worshiprocker Tonepump Junkie

Aug 12, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    good advice from these guys..... If you are using ampeg cabs you might want to try the ampeg head..... I'm starting to really favor matching my heads and cabs these days

5. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    I dont have much experience with hartke but the ones I messed around with didnt sound anything like the GK's that I love. I owned an ampeg for a while (B-2R) and was not impressed, especially after I got a BL600.