svt 3 problems help.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warwickben, Apr 25, 2003.

1. i just got svt 3 pro. iam about to bring it back to guitar center but not sure if it is messed or iam doing some thing wroung. while iam playing with the eq off and the gain at 12 o clock or even lower the eq light will turn on and the amp shuts offthen back on. if i keep playing it will stay off. the peak light isnt going off. it barley flashes.also when i turn the amp on it takes a really long time for any sound to be made.
  2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I just got an older 3 pro. With the time it takes to start up, it should be somewhere around 25-30 seconds. thats the tubes warming up and it preparing itself. it always does that. and i think what is going on is a safety feature. what kind of cab are you running it with? it should be a 4ohm or 8ohm. if its 2 ohms, your ****ing your **** up. if it takes longer than 25-30 sec, you should take it back, maybe its a dud. and you should keep the graphic EQ on. it gives you more volume.
  3. i dont care about it take some time to turn on. but if i leave the eq on it does the same thing. after about 5 min's it will shut off if i hit a hard note. iam bringging it back to guitar center today. but i dont knwo whats going to happen. if i dnt have the eq on the light will flash off and on when iam playing and right befor the amp cuts out.