1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT 350H and SVT 410 HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mahumadi, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Mahumadi

Mahumadi Banned

Apr 19, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    Does anyone use this complete rig and play rock? I see one for sale at 750, which seems reasonable and im looking for some opinions.

2. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    I've got it. I wouldn't pay 750 for it. The head is probably worth 200-250. The cab is worth more depending on the condition. maybe between 250-400. Just remember you'll only be getting 200 watts running this head into the cab, not the full 350. So it maybe a little quiet for really loud bands

3. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I had one ages ago. $750 is a complete ripoff. $400 for the pair is the max I would pay. The 350h is one of the worst sounding heads Ampeg had made.

4. Unlike seemingly everyone else on this site, I really liked my 350H. Sounded great to me. The only reason I don't have it still is that I couldn't afford to keep it and get a new head.

It's not the best head in the world, but for me it was quite good, especially through the SVT-15

It is basically the B2R head in a box though.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Way too much money, and as mentioned, will NOT generate full wattage with an 8 ohm cab. For $750, you could put a really nice rig together. Much better than that one.

6. They aren't that good, and are obviously just trying to cash in on the classic Ampeg shape. In fact, I'd say they are kind of bad. I'd just stay away. The cabs are ok though.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I too really like the tone of the B2/B2R/SVT-350H amplifiers. Probably because I don't care for tube SVTs (briefly owned a '73 and took a used SVT-CL home from Sam Ash only to return it a few weeks later).

The problem with the B2/B2R/SVT-350H is that the output seems to be much lower than its ratings. Could be the limiter's fault, but I don't know.

The 410HE is a sealed 4x10, essentially half of an SVT-810 with a tweeter. Reported to be a bit weak by itself...

As others have written, for that kind of cash, I'd look elsewhere. If the price could come down some, it should pair well with another 410HE or a SVT-15.