1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Svt-350h Classic!!! Reply Quickly!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by count_funkula, Mar 29, 2001.

1. I have a chance to snag an SVT-350H CLASSIC off Ebay at a good price. I have not played through one before! It's risky but if I can get some good feedback from you guys I will buy. It will be used with an SVT-410HLF CLASSIC Cab.

It's all SS but does it sound fat and warm? Like my Ampeg
    B-50R combo maybe?

Bidding ends tomorrow!

2. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    I think thats the same amp as a B-2 in a head instead of rackmountable.

In my humble O,they are a little harsh,or stiff in the highs compared to tube amps.especially with a tweeter in the cab.but you may not notice that if your drummer,guitarists etc.are loud enough.

3. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    I used one for about 6 years and they are very good amps, and would work excellent with that cab. I switched to an all tube MESA/Boogie BASS 400+. They Ampeg does sound very similar to tube amp but the low end is a bit thinner than an all tube amp but also a bit tighter and the highs can be harsh if you have your tweeter cranked too high. But overall they do have a very good tone and cut through a band rather well. If you can get a good deal on one go for it.