1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT 4 Pro, 1 power amp isn't working!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by onebigtrip, Oct 28, 2009.

1. onebigtrip

onebigtrip

Jul 21, 2009
    Flagstaff, AZ
    its not my 4Pro, so i dont know the full story on it. Im borrowing it for now, but i can only get power amp A to give me any juice. both 1/4" jacks from power amp B deliver no sound. I gigged with it last night mono bridging it into a 410 cab, and daisy chaining that into 1 15 cab, and i got by alright, however im not sure if i was really mono bridging it, or if only power amp A was working. any ideas? possible causes?

jeez..there always a friggin problem eh? it never ends...

2. Bridging an amplifier with a defective channel can only lead to more damage. Get the amp repaired.

Paul

3. heath_r_91

heath_r_91

Jun 3, 2006
    Topeka Area, Kansas
    Endorse:Artus-Basshanger-Dava-EC-Hartke-Orange-InEarz-SHS-Tigi
    /thread/

4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    if the bad channel does not have its output relay connecting its speaker to the amp, the output will be grounded, and bridging is the same as using it with one channel only.

It won't damage anything, but there is absolutely no point to doing it.

If the "bad" channel is working, but has some break in the signal that doesn't mess up the actual power section, it will probably "clip early" and get hotter than it should.

Otherwise, who knows... I'd not run it at all until fixed.

Since teh breaker isn't opening, you (or the owner) probably don't have a huge problem, if you catch it now.

5. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    FYI, its a big single power-amp split into two channels.

It may be something further on down the line, but you can't just replace one of the channels power amps.

6. I brought my 4 pro to the tech yesterday and I have the same problem. He was very optimistic, he told me that if there is a problem with any of the effects loop jacks than that could effect one or both of the outputs of each power amp. So I would take it to get fixed, it could be a simple connection problem with any of the jacks in the back. I am keeping my head up and hoping it's not a big expense!