SVT 4-Pro mono bridge cable. Certain cable needed?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jamie K, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Jamie K

Jamie K

Nov 4, 2016
    Quick question guys. I've seen Dino's videos on how to build a Neutrik mono bridge and I foresee no issues in accomplishing it - however I have a question about a cable to use. I have a spare standard Speakon to 1/4" at my place, would I be able to lob off the 1/4" side and replace it with a Neutrik NL4FX (supposedly their new and better NL4FC)? That would make it a Neutrik NL4FX to Speakon. As long as it's a two pole conductor and all the wires are in the right place everything should be fine right?
    I don't want to have to buy a new 1/4" to 1/4" speaker cable to gut if I can use what I have. But at the same time I'm not trying to fry an SVT 4 Pro and Aguilar 4x12.

Thanks for the time.

2. BasturdBlaster

BasturdBlaster

Feb 19, 2012
    Crandon WI
    Use said cable, cut off 1/4" end, use existing speakon end on cab, then look carefully at the back of your head as to the bridge wiring. It is either 1+/2+ OR 1+/1-.....the SVT 4 had both over the years. The 1+/2+ can only be done with the 4 pole as it sounds like you have. Again, the back of your head near the bridge input will tell you what the wiring arrangement needs to be. :)

Jamie K, Gearhead17 and agedhorse like this.
  3. Jamie K

Jamie K

Nov 4, 2016
    Thanks, man! It worked flawlessly. And yes, the wiring is on the back of the head as +1/+2. Thanks for the help

Gearhead17 and BasturdBlaster like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021