SVT 4-PRO & Splitting FX

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Raph250, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Raph250

Raph250

Apr 23, 2022
    Hey SVT-4 PRO users out there!

I recently bought one and I seriously really love that amp! It has tons of features I was always looking for!

Now what caught my attention is that I saw in the back that there is a Wet and Dry D.I. out. Does that mean that I could split the FX from my pedalboard and my Dry Signal directly on the amp? I there a way I could do this with the amp?

Normally my set up that always worked was that I used an ABY box to split my Dry and FX into 2 different inputs. So I was looking to maybe do this without the ABY if I am clear enough.

Thank you!

2. TheSpinDoctor

TheSpinDoctor

Apr 28, 2021
    Page 16 of the user manual has a block diagram of the SVT-4 PRO. The 'Line Out' has mono and stereo options. The pre and post EQ switch determines the output for both mono and stereo outputs. The 'Effects Send' and 'Effects Return' are before the EQ section. The 'Effects Return' does have stereo inputs. You can send your Dry pedal board signal to one channel and the Wet pedal board signal to the other channel. However, there is no separate volume control for each stereo channel. So using these "Effects Return' inputs will not allow you to adjust the blend of Dry and Wet signals, like you can do by using different input channels to an amplifier. The SVT-4 PRO only has one input channel, so using an ABY does not help. You will need to adjust the output of your pedal board to achieve the mix of Dry and Wet signals.

3. Raph250

Raph250

Apr 23, 2022
    Okay, and in that case the 2 channels you are talking about would be the Input for the Dry and the FX Return for the pedals?

For the Volume Issue I have everything needed to control it! :)