svt 4-pro / svp-pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by inazone, Aug 28, 2004.

1. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Does the svp-pro and power amp sound the same as a svt 4-pro? do both of the pre's have the same features? Im looking for some comparisions. Thanks.
  2. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    The SVT-4PRO has an integral compressor and limiters. Other than that they are very similar.
  3. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    The SVP -Pro sounds much better. I found that when I had the 4 Pro, the pre was not very loud at all. When I plugged the SVP-Pro in to the power section of the 4 Pro, it was extremely loud. I would not waste my time on the 4 Pro, just go with the SVP and your Crest.

On a side note, I will have a SVP BSP by the end of next week. If you want to hear it, give me a holler.
  4. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks for the info guys.

Jawzzz, is the svp-bsp for the ag 412?
  5. jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    I am going to use it as a backup/practice rig. It will most likely be hooked up to the Eden 410 at our practice room. I can't bring myself to leave the aggie there. I am going to try it out on both cabs and see which one sounds better.

I also forgot, the SVP has a tube gain knob like the Eden Navigator, so you san dial in the exact amount of tube growl that you prefer. Other than that, all of the controls are identical.I still think the SVP had a better sound to it.
  6. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Hey, don't forget to check out the new SVP-CL. Supposedly it's the best Ampeg preamp yet.
  7. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    I have one and I'm having a ball ! using is very flexible !