Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT-410HLF: How easy is it to move around?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Mar 24, 2004.

1. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Considering buying one of these cabs, but I am worried about the 110 pound weight.

In real life, is this thing a pig to move around or is it fairly easy? If you have used one, could you please comment?

Thanks,
    Phil

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    It is fairly easy to wheel around. My only problem is that I am tall, and the cab is kind of short, so I have to crouch a little bit when I wheel it. And with both side handles, it is pretty easy to lift up onto stages and into the back of my pickup, even by myself. So, I guess I would say no, it isn't too much of a pig.

3. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Is a sore back part of the ownership equation?

4. Nagrom

Nagrom

Mar 21, 2004
    Western Canada
    I have a 410, 2' cube, weighs 96 pounds. Whenever I get to where I'm going, there's always someone to grab a handle. Same when I leave. But, when I get home, its 2AM and its just me. :help: Thankfully I have a garage to pull into, lock the van and deal with it later, or maybe then if I feel like it. But back in the days when I had the basement suite and parked on the street... that wore me out a tad.

Might want to think about that.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I have one too. You could just substitite Ryan's name for mine. :)

Usually, when I gig, I double park in front of the club so I usually don't have to wheel it too far.

6. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Thanks, I think I am going to make the guy an offer on it.

7. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Well, since I have my Ashdown MAG rig, anything over 42 lbs seems damn heavy to me... :cool:

8. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

two words ......hand cart.

My casters broke within a year, pretty good actually for me and my history with casters. But the tone is worth the weight.

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Really, I have mine for about 5 years (if not longer) with no problems.

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    No problems with mine either. :) They have stood up to any sort of beating I have been able to give em.