1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT-450H hiss sound!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mimazo, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Mimazo

Mimazo

Jun 23, 2007
    Santiago - CHILE
    Hi Everyone!, greetings from Chile ;)

I've purchased a SVT-450H solid state amplifier about 4 months back from now. From the very begining, this amplifier right after aprox 5 minutes of having it on produces a very loud and intermittent hiss, like a disconnected cable somewhere inside of it. Actually by turning the Master volume to 0, it stops. Apparently it isn't related with the Gain control because when I turn the gain up or down, the hiss sound don't vary.

This hiss sound dissapears after a while of having the amplifier on (let's say about an hour) no matter if you were playing or not, it looks like after a 'warming up' period of 1 hour it gets stable somehow.

Is this a normal behaviour?, is there a reported incident about a similar issue with this equipment??, ANY CLUE???...thanks a lot my felow bass players!!

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    If that thing has preamp tube I would change it.

3. Mimazo

Mimazo

Jun 23, 2007
    Santiago - CHILE
    mmm, actually I'll get a SVP-PRO very soon....if I bypass the preamp of this head by using the SVP-PRO, could I get this solved?....

Rick

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I don't know if adding a preamp in front will solve your problem, but it will improve your tone, for sure. Not sure what the hissing's all about, maybe you could take it to a repair shop?

5. I had an SVT 350 that had the same problem. Does it his when the treble knob is anywhere but zero?

6. Mimazo

Mimazo

Jun 23, 2007
    Santiago - CHILE
    Yes bigblondeafro87 !!!!, what I've observed is when the treble knob is close to 0 , the hiss reduces but not 100%.....how did you get it solved in your case?, thanks man...

Rick

PS: thanks RickenBoogie as well : )

7. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    uh, dude,

your head SUCKS! haha just kidding.
    it might be a flaw in the head.