Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SVT-4PRO HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by biergott, Jan 22, 2003.

1. biergott

biergott DuBistEineKartoffelnsalad kopf

Feb 7, 2002
    Orange County, Ca
    I have a gig coming up this Friday and my head unit decided it wanted to take a vacation....

Actually, it still works, but I have lost volume on my mids and highs. The lows are all still there.

The button marked Ultra-High seems to be broken as 50% of the time it won't toggle in. However, when it does toggle in, it doesn't affect the sound.

The Bright button is also having the same problem at the same time.

I noticed this on practice Monday, when my sound was all muddy then would sudden pop back to my normal sound then drop back. I figure this can't be good for my speakers. (I use more highs and mids than most as we have no lead guitar so I get to play "lead bass." (lucky me!)

I had this rig serviced about 3 months ago because the volume would all of the sudden cut out (if you search you can see what horrendous service Ampeg and it's warranty centers provide ::mad:, too bad I love the sound so much.)

My question, living in Orange County, Ca., does anyone know where I can go to get this fixed (I don't care if I have to pay) or how I can fix it myself?

Appreciate the help in advance!!!!

Biergott

P.S. Any suggestions on a new rig that would provide the same power as the SVT-4PRO and would be more reliable? I am running the Ampeg PR15H and PR410....

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    If the amp is still under warranty (5 years) You should keep thowing it in your local Ampeg service center's face until they get it right or until Ampeg replaces it. An email to Ampeg alerting them to the problem with the service center might help also.

3. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Mine had a similar problem and I got rid of it quick!!
    I got an Eden Pre and power amp. Which I'm selling. I've gone all tube.
    Email me for more info.