1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SVT-4PRO, Mono-Bridge, and 8 ohms cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by totallybacan, Apr 9, 2009.

1. totallybacan

totallybacan

Mar 30, 2009
    Recently I was offered to purchase an SVT-4PRO which would include the mono-bridge cable. I'm currently using a 1980's SVT-200T with a 410 and 118, both rated at 400w and 8 ohms. Does the cable that comes with the SVT end in a speakon or 1/4"? my 410 only accepts 1/4". and if i run my 18 of the 410, can i hook up the whole rig into the mono-bridge since my total load is 4 ohms?

2. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    the mono bridge cable that comes with the SVT-4PRO is Speakon to 1/4...so the speakon end plugs into the mono jack on the back of the head....1/4 to your cab...

if you have a parallel out on the 4x10, then yes, you can run it to the 18 for an affective 4 ohm load...

3. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    You could also get a 4-pole speakon cable and rewire it for +1/-1 on the cab end and +1/+2 on the amp end if you wanted speakon -> speakon, or you could get a bridged mono converter cable like this one:
    Bridged Mono Adapter NL4FX to NL4MX 12/2 6 inch
    and use a standard speakon cable that you already have.

4. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    I'm currently emailing to see if this one would work as well. Just in case you have two cabs that don't have dual ins/outs. :D
    Bass Player BIAMP Cable

5. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi totallybacan.

Do you have a copy of the SVT-4PRO manual?

6. TheMutt

TheMutt Guest

Apr 28, 2007
    Hey just wanted to update:

I've already ordered mine. :D