SVT 4Pro settings...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by simic, Oct 6, 2005.

1. simic

Oct 6, 2005
    can anyone recommend some good settings for an SVT 4pro (I am no technical genius and that thing has so many frikin buttons and switches it drives me crazy trying to figure it all out) that will help me get a really crisp, dirty sound with lots of bottom end. I would rather they were just generic ideas on the configuration, but if it really helps you I am currently using a 4 string dean with e band eq and passive emg pick-ups, and two 115 cabinets (although I am working on upgrading the electronics of the bass, and will be soon switching back to an 810 cabinet).

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    There are a few suggested EQ settings in the owners manual for the 4 Pro. I can't give you any help here because mine is at our rehearsal spot right now, and that is 50 miles away from me. :(
    My best advice is to just start playing around with it, and find your sound. There are plenty of options to work with on it.
  3. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    With each bass and cab that I use that settings are different, so giving settings would be useless to you. I would go with the above advice and try the settings in the owners manual, it will give youa good starting point. Ill give you an example. When I play my Modulus Quantum I depress the ultra low and bright switch. I leave everything else flat and controll any mids I may need from my bass. When I play my Spector I engage the EQ and subtract -6db @900,-5db @600, -3db@33, and -2@150. I add +3db@50 and engage the bright switch and treble switch. So you see what works for me might be terrible for you.
  4. To get a good cutting sound I boost the mids quite a bit with the mid selector on 3 and a kind of reverse smiley face eq... it sounds really good