1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SVT 4's in the UK?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by blurfan, Jul 17, 2008.

1. blurfan

blurfan

Jul 17, 2008
    UK
    Hey all,

Looking at getting an SVT4 and at the moment and ebay is looking like my most affordable route. I've just spent a year studying in the states and noticed that they were extremely common on ebay over there, however, I haven't seen so many popping up back here. There's a few SVT2's going at the moment, but I'm more keen on the 4.

I've only really just started browsing, so if anyone with any experience in how regular they've been in the past feels like piping up, then I'd be very grateful! Seems to me that in the US the going rate was roughly $800, could I expect around £800 in the UK? I would buy from the US, but it doesn't seem worth it - customs & excise are quite vague on how much I'd be paying importing it, so i'd rather not take the risk of getting unexpectedly clobbered (in addition to shipping & paying to have it voltage converted!)

Cheers!
    P.S. Apologies if this has been posted before. What can I say, I'm just much much too lazy to use the search function! ;)

2. I have seen them go on ebay for around £700 to £800.

I used to have one until 2 months ago. Sold it for £750 too and it was American Made, shame you weren't back sooner.

3. blurfan

blurfan

Jul 17, 2008
    UK
    hah yea - oh well! Good to hear though, hopefully my search won't be too long! Getting rid of my old head/cab as well as a usa strat to pay for this, so at least UK prices seem to be within my guesstimates.

4. Customs is about 3% (2 something anyways).

Rough rule of thumb is to add about 20%. (Import tax, VAT, "handling fee" )

5. There was one on ebay that finished on the 15th this month, they are pretty common, so you wont be waiting long :)

6. I literally just seen one of those 10 minutes ago in guitarguitar :)

7. I have a problem with buying this head new or used across here in the UK. Buy it new well your wallets not gonna be happy, its alot more expenisve that what it is across the pond £1100. But if you buy it used then you face the problem of faults, I have heard alot of people have problems with this head with it cutting out etc so I would be very weary to buy used.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021