Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

svt 6/10 ???????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joseph Sheldon, Feb 23, 2004.

1. I have a b4r into the svt 6/10 and I'm having a sound from some of the speakers that sounds like a wire is touching the back of the cones and its rattiling against them. That's the best wat to describe it. This only happens when I'm playing on the B string. I use a Warwick "with new battery" I don't know if I'm bottoming out I have the pre at about half and the Main at about half. I don't want to blow any speakers and it's pissing me off ! It's not too loud and I don't have the bass to high in the mix. The cab is rated at 600 rms and the head bridged is 1000 but it's not cranked.
    Any way does anyone know the wiring diagram and the speaker impeadance? Shoud I change the speakers with better ones? I'm baffeled.
    It was a practice today that I couldn't concentrate on playing like I should have because I just couldn't stand any tone or sound I was getting. Some days I think the rig sounds awsome and some days I want to sell the whole thing and start over? Anyone got this condition too ? Never satisfied

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I like the 610 speaker a lot. I have a 410 and it sounds sweet. Im not sure what your problem is but I would start with the amp. The speaker should be able to handle everything that amp puts out so that leads me to think that maybe you are driving the amp too hard...