Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Svt 610 half Vs. svt 410 hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by terraplane, Jan 28, 2004.

1. terraplane

terraplane

Oct 14, 2002
    Italy, Palermo
    Hi,
    I've got an svt2 pro head. I want to change my italian 4x10" cab, with an ampeg...just to get a...ampeg sound! :oops:)
    In my city, there are not music shop to have a test on these cabs, and I've to oredr it.
    What you think about those 2 cabs? 610 is too much better than the 410, to justify the superior wight, or, at the end, is better a 410 hlf? I'm thinkin about the weight, but if sound is so much better, i can get a 6x10".

tell me about!
    mike

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    i think the 410hlf sounds a lot better than the 610. The 610 moves more air but the 410 is fatter IMO.

3. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Mike - I tried the 610 when I was looking for cabs to go with my SVT. I thought the sound was almost the same between the two and I dont think one sounded better than the other. I would get the 410 for slightly less weight and because its smaller but if you want the extra power handling (which you may not even need) get the 610.